Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mind, Body & Spirit

My first day on this dare, challenge or journey has been far from easy.  I didn’t want to jump very quickly into a routine of dieting and a series of exercise before I get my mind right.  On the many failed attempts in the past, I have realized that this endeavor is a mix in balancing the mind, body and spirit.  When you start to diet to speed up metabolism and exercise to amp it all up, there is not much momentum left to keep you going without the right spirit.  Bear in mind that you cannot hide that large muffin top, huge arms (with bat wings), swollen ankles, and intense sensation in the joints from a very small frame supporting more weight than it should be; there is a need for more conviction.  You see, aches and pains send messages of trauma to the brain, which can deter the focus of achieving your goals and lucrative results; however, a driven spirit will overcome exhaustion and the various mood swings that can roar its ugly head.

I started with a fast that lasted more than 12 hours; not that I was impressed because I had intended to do a 3-day fast with just water to spare but I overcame the disappointment with a little meditation that coincide with the fasting.  There has to be a direct connection with the higher power and this is done in quietness and privacy.  I refer to my me time with God as praying while others call it meditation.  By the end of the day, I had enormous strength and will power but my weaken body gave out on me just hours before with slight headaches.  Resorting to my portioned intakes along with the adequate amount of water throughout the day, I was hyped to start day #3; and more than ready to retire to a good night’s sleep.  ZZZzzzzzzzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment